Below is a list of the top 10 UK universities to study law in the UK, according to the Guardian newspaper in 2021.
- Oxford – highest percentage (100%) of first year students continuing into the second year, as well as being the best university for law in the UK overall.
- UCL – best for graduate-level jobs or further study within 15 months of graduation (100%), and joint-top for staff to student ratio.
- Cambridge – joint best for staff to student ratio (12.7).
- London School of Economics (LSE)
- Glasgow University
- King’s College London
- Solent – Highest levels of student satisfaction for both the course and the teaching quality.
- Aberdeen University
Cambridge and Oxford tend to be within the 3 best universities for law in the UK across all the surveys and ranking tables we have seen.
London universities are less dominant in the Guardian’s list of leading UK Law schools in 2021, making up 3 of the top 10, down from 5 in 2011.
The results for these 2021 law school rankings are compiled from a range of metrics, including student satisfaction with the course / teaching / feedback, spend per student, average entry requirements, ratio of staff to students, and the percentage of graduates in employment after 15 months of completion.