About Us at Law and Legal UK
The aim of our website is to provide useful information on many issues related to UK law. We have a particular focus on providing guidance to those considering a legal career or progressing within the field.
The two regular editors have the following combined experience:
- Member of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (MIRP).
- Hired by a government-sponsored agency to coach job skills.
- Live guest on BBC Radio, giving advice on dealing with jobs interviews.
- Certificate in Recruitment Practice (CertRP).
- Completed numerous relevant courses and certificates, including marketing, business skills and effective writing.
- Written for the Guardian website.
- Regular contributor to an employment law publication.
- Written jobs profiles for a careers website.
Other pages of the site:
Legal Careers - advice on entry requirements, opportunities and more.
Employment Solicitors - companies dealing with employment related issues.
Education Law - firms and free advice for education matters.
Insolvency Solicitors - bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings.
Conveyancing Solicitors - domestic or commercial property conveyancing.
Recruitment services are offered by our featured legal employment agencies in the UK
and What is the Difference Between a Lawyer and a Solicitor? - explanation of the distinction.
Legal Services in the Regions of England
Lawyers South West - Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire in the South West.
Lawyers South East - in addition to London, the South East page includes Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and both East and West Sussex.
Lawyers East of England - Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk in the East of England.
Lawyers West Midlands Region - for the county of West Midlands, plus Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
Lawyers East Midlands - Central England the East Midlands is home to Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire.
Lawyers Yorkshire and the Humber - the counties of North, South, West and East Riding of Yorkshire.
Lawyers North West - Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside in the North West.
Lawyers North East - the counties of the North East are County Durham, Northumberland and Tyne and Wear.